The Brisbane Brown Snakes agrees that the ‘National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information’ is an integral part of the way we do business. This Principle has guidelines and standards for the collection, access, storage and use of personal information which we obtain in order to run our business and meet customer needs. We are respectful of our customer’s right to privacy and in this regard will only use the personal information in relation to our customers in a way that is agreed in the National Privacy Principles.
Information in regard to what personal information we collect about and from you and the way we handle and what we do with this personal information
As a part of our customer service and accounting needs we may need to ask for personal details such as your name, business name and ABN or ACN, mailing and physical address, telephone number/s and e-mail address. We need this information to generate tax invoices, dispatch or mail accounts/orders/goods to you, send electronic messages to you (accounts/newsletters/promotions) and call you in regard to deliveries and accounts.
The Privacy law requires us to collect personal information about you only from you if it is reasonable and practical to do so. You can decline to give information if it is not relevant to your business with us but we still need to comply with the taxation laws in regard to our business operations so some information will be necessary in order to do this.
We take care and have security measures in place so that your personal information is protected from unauthorized access or handling of your information. In regard to financial transactions any information relayed by you is not stored but only used in relation to the immediate authorised transaction.
We do not disclosure your personal information to other organisations (for example market researchers, and others). At your request we can provide account information for credit reference purposes (This authority will be required from you in writing)
On request we will provide you with access and also change any of your personal information we hold (except in the limited circumstances recognised by privacy law). In this case we will ask questions and request a signed form from you to ensure that we are providing this information to the concerned party only.
More information about Privacy law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
SECTION 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
‘Personal information’ refers to any information which can identify an individual – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to a customer ID, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, email address or postal address.
What Personal Information do you collect about me?
When you browse our website or carry out actions such as the following:
- Create a customer account
- Place an order
- Sign up to our mailing list or subscribe to any other services that we offer
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draw
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email, pop ups or live chat
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone or mobile number
- Encrypted password and payment information
- Customer Service correspondence records
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type, referring URL and operating system.
- Cookies – for more information see below.
What is done with this information?
We use your information for the following:
- To process your orders. We use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address and payment details) to process and deliver your order, add payments or refunds and to notify you of the status of your order.
- To provide Customer Support. If you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use your identification information to identify you and other personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We’ll use your personal information to keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- To improve our website and services. We use your personal information to help analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- Fraud Prevention. To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites.
- Marketing. If you consent, we will use your information to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email, phone, or social media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details you have provided to us to send personalised marketing or retargeting communications. Please see below for more information on third parties and cookies used to provide these services.
How long will you keep my information?
- Customer and order information will be kept securely on our system until you ask us to remove it. Note: Purchase information retention is subject to regulatory mandates we must adhere to e.g. data retention requirements for tax reporting purchases.
- Mailing List Subscriptions will remain active until you opt out from specific lists.
- Cookies – please refer to the section below or click here for more information on cookies and cookie duration.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to us collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for marketing purposes, e.g. to offer you special discounts, we will request your permission explicitly, if not already granted.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, if you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent to marketing communications. Marketing will be terminated and any data specifically used for marketing purposes alone will be deleted. All marketing emails contain an ‘unsubscribe link’ should you wish to opt out of receiving marketing emails.
Financial transaction data will be maintained as required by law.
You may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link on our newsletter emails, contacting us at [email protected].
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if required to fulfil our obligations under our agreement with you. E.g. provide your address to other parties who require that information , e.g. the courier to have your purchases delivered.
SECTION 4 – E-Commerce
Your data is stored through AD Marketing & Production’s data storage, databases and the general application. The data is stored on secure servers behind a firewall.
Payment through our website can be made via our secure check out pages using secure 3rd party payment service providers, e.g. credit card processors.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We may share your personal information with carefully selected third parties. These are mainly service providers and other organisations who provide us with support services or that help market our services. We provide these third party service providers or organisations with such information as some may need your information to allow them to perform their functions, an example would be our shipping solution requires your name and address to allow them to produce a label to deliver your order.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider other legal obligations may be placed upon them by the laws of their jurisdiction.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow all PCI-DSS Level 1 requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites. Cookies are not computer programs, and can’t read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly or enjoy a custom experience. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
If our store or part of our business is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that our products or related services can still be offered to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
In compliance with The EU GDPR Directive 25th May 2018, if you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by email or post at the address given in the ‘Who We Are’ section above.